9.10.2010

Pecan Pie with Tabasco sauce

Enough said!  I was referred to Ron's Cajun Connection, but was warned that it was "in the middle of nowhere".  My referrer was right both about the food (it was delish) and that it is indeed in the middle of nowhere.  In fact, when I finally pursuaded my husband to eat here for an early dinner, he really only agreed because it was literally on the highway, and we didn't need to get off of Highway 6.  Seriously, think Highway 6 shoulder = Ron's Cajun Connection. 

Quick note about the cajun food here - omg wonderful!  And I'm cajun!  Try the gumbo and crawfish etouffe.  Drool....

Back to the dessert.  We got the pecan pie with tabasco sauce and Sisler's cinnamon ice cream.  I've had better cinnamon ice cream, but I haven't had better pecan pie.  You can't taste the tabasco sauce, but something makes this the best pecan pie I've ever had, and I hate pecan pie for the most part.  The crust is thin and just right.  The pie itself not made of filler junk with overly sweet syrup; it's got plenty of pecans and other goodness that makes this pie not overly sweet, but just wonderful.  I didn't need any milk to wash it down, just more pecan pie!



The cinnamon ice cream tasted pretty plain.  I could have done without this and just spent more of my calories on another pecan pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment